Friday, May 24, 2013

Candy Chang

 This year in the art room the students have been learning a lot about themselves, what things they want to do with thier lives and what is important to them as individuals. This has been the subject of many of our activites in the studio in the form of handmade books, silkscreen prints and drawings. Our motavation for this came from the artist Candy Chang whose Ted Talk we viewed. Next fall we are planing our own big board called Before I Leave Shamrock I Will.......We will have several of these walls around the school for the students and staff to write on. Since the olderst students here are in the fourth grade, using the theme Before I Die is a little to heavy so we have decided on alternative themes for the walls. During the Celebrations of the Arts the students and parents answered the questions:  I want to learn..and When I make art I feel.....I have posted some of the answers below.
 
Candy Chang


Candy Chang


Candy Chang


Candy Chang


   Candy Chang
   Candy Chang


    At Shamrock
   At Shamrock

   At Shamrock


    At Shamrock

   At Shamrock

   I will accordion books



    A Maping Me booklet

No comments: